Passiv Haus Training at SWC
This course is designed to prepare students for the Passive House Institute Certified European PassivHaus Designer’s (CEPH) exam. It is appropriate for construction industry professionals and contractors.
Using our Passive House building, air tightness, MVHR units and accredited materials, students will gain practical experience in the Passive House discipline. This will be coupled with knowledge of accredited materials, products, SketchUP and PHPP softwares.
- Introduction to the Passive House Standard.
- The thermal envelope.
- Passive House airtightness workshop.
- Specification and Installation of windows.
- Passive House ventilation and heating.
- Passive House Economics.
- Passive House Planning Package (PHPP).
- Thermal imaging and modelling.
- Site supervision and quality assurance.
- Revision and exam preparation.
This course culminates in a 3 hour PHI externally set exam, which leads to Certified Designer/Consultant. Progression Opportunities The Chartered Professional can become a PH Designer, those with industry experience can achieve PH Consultant.
A degree in a construction related discipline. Mature candidates will be assessed on an individual basis.
South West College is offering the Passiv Haus Designer and Tradesperson courses on an ongoing basis. If you are interested, full details on the course can be found here or for Further Information contact