Skills Intervention Courses
Free short-term courses to improve skills
If you’ve been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19), a range of free, fully-accredited courses are now available to help you retrain and improve your skills.
The Department for the Economy is supporting these free places on short courses. Opportunities are available at many levels, focussing on skills identified by industry, including:
- digital skills
- essential skills
- employability skills
- leadership and management
A range of courses to help you get work in the health and social care sector, to meet its current demands in this public health emergency, are also available. All courses will be delivered online and how you take part will be flexible to fit around your busy lives, whether you’re working from home or providing support to children or vulnerable relatives.
All courses include an accredited qualification and will finish by 30 November 2020.
For more information on the courses we're offering, download the brochure below.
We will be running courses in the following areas.
Leadership & Management
- ILM L4 Certificate in Project Management Skills*
- ILM Level 5 Certificate*
- ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills
- ILM Level 3 Award
*An informal interview
will be required to determine suitability.
Health & Social Care
- OCN NI Level 1 Award in Fundamentals of Health Care
- OCN NI Level 1 Award in Foundation Skills in Working with Children
- RSPH Level 1 Award in Food Hygiene Awareness
- OCN NI Level 3 Award in End of Life Care
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Understanding Infection Prevention and Control in Health and Care Settings (RQF)
- RSPH Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene
- Entry Level Introductory Award in Employability Skills (Entry 3)
- OCN NI Level 1 Award in Employability Skills
- OCN NI Level 1 Award in Personal Career Development Qualification
- OCN NI Level 2 Award in Employability Skills
- OCN NI Level 3 Award in Employability and Professional Development Skills
- NOCN Level 2 Award in Skills for Employment, Training and Personal Development - Numeracy Pathway
- NOCN Level 2 Award in Skills for Employment, Training and Personal Development - Literacy Pathway
Digital Skills / Digital Literacy
- OCN NI Entry Level Award in Using ICT Systems (Entry 3)
- OCN NI Entry Level Award in ICT Skills (Entry 3)
- OCN NI Level 1/Level 2 Awards in Social Media Qualification
- OCN NI Level 2 Award in Information Technology Applications
- ProQual Level 2 Award in Cyber Security Awareness for Business
To help your application get processed as quickly as possible please follow the steps on the guide.
- Call SWC Short-Term Skills information line on 028 8225 0109
- Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To speed up the process please have the following details at hand:
- Course Code and/or Course Title
- Email Address
- Mobile/Landline Number
- Date of Birth
- If you are hoping to enrol on to the ILM Level 4 or 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management courses you will be required to attend an informal interview.
- Shortly after you will receive an email with your log on details to allow you to access the SWC computer network. Please do this as soon as possible and do not pass these details to anyone else.
- You will be contacted by SWC staff with a date, time and instructions for accessing an online induction before your course begins.
- If you have any questions or technical difficulties please contact email@example.com