The welfare of our students and staff is a key priority for South West College. We recognise that this may be an anxious time for our college community. On this page you will find advice and information for students and staff about COVID-19, in line with official Public Health Agency guidance. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation and will provide the latest updates and guidance here.
Update - 16th October
You will be aware of an announcement yesterday in relation to new Covid-19 arrangements for Northern Ireland and we would like to update you on the following changes that will happen in the College:
For four weeks, from Monday 19 October until Monday 16 November 2020, all learning will move to remote delivery where possible. Where this is not practically possible, face to face delivery will continue on campus for identified skills areas.
Please continue to check your college e-mail account for further updates from your course co-ordinator/tutor on this temporary measure.
- Exams which cannot be rescheduled will proceed as planned during this time, if your exam has to be rescheduled you will be notified.
- The College mid-term break will run from Monday 26 to the Friday 30 and we encourage you to use this time to take a much needed break.
- If you do not have access to remote learning facilities at home, College LRC’s will remain open. A booking system is now in operation for the College LRC’s.
- It you need personal health advice specifically in relation to COVID-19 (coronavirus), you should call NHS 111 or download the COVIDcare app, this app is a coronavirus symptom checker and information hub specifically for N.Ireland.
- Please continue to refer to this webpage and the latest official advice and guidance from the Public Health Agency and other statutory bodies. Further communication will be distributed in due course under the advice and guidance from the Northern Ireland Executive on returning to campus.