Below are the sessions that are available for this course.
Week Starting: 16 September 2020
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Number of Weeks: 30
Hours per Week: 1
Total Hours: 30
Places Available: 8
Course Coordinator: Clare.Donohoe@swc.ac.uk
A knowledge-only Award for those who are starting their journey as an internal quality assurance practitioners or for those who need to know about internal quality assurance but who are not carrying out quality assurance themselves. This might be people such as experienced assessors or centre managers, HR or quality assurance personnel.
The Internal Quality Assurance qualification recognises the Learner’s competence in internally quality assuring assessments to national standards. On achievement of the Award, you will be able to: prove that you understand the principles and practices of internal quality assurance of the assessment process; plan the internal quality assurance of assessment; internally evaluate the quality of assessment; internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment; manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment; and maintain legal and good practice requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment.
ASSESSMENT METHODS In order to demonstrate competence, you will be assessed as follows:_x000D_
Unit 401 Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment_x000D_
Evidence for this Unit could take the form of: _x000D_
• written statements or answers by the candidate Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) _x000D_
• oral statements or answers by the candidate Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) _x000D_
• discussions between the candidate IQA and their own assessor _x000D_
Unit 402 Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment _x000D_
Primary evidence for the learning outcomes and assessment criteria must come from the candidate IQA monitoring and quality assuring the work of two assessors, each with a minimum of two candidates of their own through components of a qualification. _x000D_
You will develop an e-portfolio of evidence of internally quality assuring the assessment processes and practices of 2 Assessors. Observation, Professional Discussion, Personal Statements, Witness Testimony, oral and written questioning will also be used to prove your competence._x000D_
Completion of the Level 4 Certificate in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice through the achievement of an additional unit – Unit 403 Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of responsibility.
• Hold either D32/D33 or A1 or L3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment; Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement or Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement._x000D_
• Have appropriate occupational competence (ie you must have relevant qualifications/experience related to the vocational area being Internally Quality Assured) and be approved by the Awarding Body as qualified to assess/IQA in the particular vocational area/programme_x000D_
• Be working as part of a team within an approved NVQ/VRQ Assessment Centre, with a qualified IQA who will mentor you and countersign your assessments. This must be agreed prior to enrolment. _x000D_
• Be able to monitor and quality assure the work of two assessors, each with a minimum of two candidates of their own through components of a qualification. _x000D_
Enhanced Access NI Clearance is a requirement of this course _x000D_